History of Cleminson School
Cleminson School is one of the older campuses in the EMCSD and was built in 1940. A major construction project that features a new library/media center, classrooms, restrooms and a drop-off/pick-up area and parking lot were completed in September 2004.
In recent years, new Internet cables were added as part of the E-rate upgrade of our communications and Internet system for each room. Smoke detectors and outside security lighting were also installed.
During the 2005-2006 school year, our current library was upgraded to accommodate the Accelerated Reader program, and approximately $15,000 was spent on new library books. In 2011, an automated system was installed and additional library books were purchased.
Cleminson School is ready to meet the new challenges of Common Core.